Connect with me


Welcome!


I'm Jill, a 20 year old film and media student from Belfast, NI.

This is my corner of the internet to share my writing, creativity, designs and bits and bobs about my life that I hope will interest you.


Find Out More >>>>

Categories






Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Thursday 24 October 2013

'Start spreading the news...'



Last night I attended the Cabaret Supper Club Belfast at AM:PM to see a Rat Pack tribute group. One word review; incredible!

I have seen my fair share of Rat Pack acts, and Frank Sinatra tributes, but I honestly believe that this show was by far the best I have attended - here's an overview of the night.

My mum, sister and I got to the doors of AM:PM and to be honest, we didn't really know where we were going, however we were greeted at the door by a very welcoming man who asked for our name and then directed us to our table upstairs.

As soon as I stepped into the room I knew I was going to love it - red and gold set the main colour theme and it holds a 'moulin rouge', classy vibe to it. It's insanely pretty and the lighting is perfect. One thing I did notice was that tables were a little close together, however it wasn't an issue and the overall atmosphere was quite relaxed and you didn't feel like everyone was leering at you when you were eating, a problem I face with many restaurants.


Our table was in a corner of the room close to the stage just beside the cocktail bar, it was great because we knew no one was sitting behind us and we were quite close to the stage, a major bonus when seeing a show.

Our waiter for the evening was superb and incredibly friendly, we ordered drinks which arrived quickly and each time the wine glass started to empty our waiter was straight over to pour another, the staff really do attend to every last detail.

The food was also a delight, we all ordered the cornfed chicken and I chose fries instead of mash - the portions were great and it was cooked perfectly. Following the main we ordered dessert, my sister and I chose the forest fruit stack whereas my mum opted for the pavlova, we weren't expecting it to be so big, but just look at how glorious it is.



Midway through dessert, the show was introduced and Frank Sinatra took to the stage. He sang around 2-3 songs before introducing Dean Martin who then proceeded to also sing 3 songs - we particularly enjoyed the drunken character traits that he portrayed on stage and the interaction with the audience really helped build the atmosphere. Sammy Davis Jr was next to take the stage who sang and danced perfectly, a loveable character for the audience to enjoy - his portrayal of Mr Bojangles was particularly noteworthy.

The trio took to the stage individually, then as duos and eventually as a group to perform the well known tracks My Way and New York, New York - the final number. By this stage of the evening almost everyone in the audience was on their feet singing and dancing away.


Overall, the experience was amazing, and we really did have a brilliant night. Some people argue that it is a little pricey, however for the show and a main course it's around £27pp, the cost grows when you add dessert and drinks to that as well as a service charge - but I think it was worth every penny, including the service charge as we really couldn't fault the staff at all.

If you get a chance, you should definitely visit the Cabaret Supper Club, even just to feel like royalty for a night - The Rat Pack will be returning in early 2014, and I can't recommend enough that you give it a go. I can say that you will love it, the songs, atmosphere and just having a good night out will most likely bring a smile to your face.


Be sure to check out the facebook page for more info and pictures. Have you been to the supper club yet? Leave a comment below!

Much love,





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...