Connect with me


Welcome!


I'm Jill, a 20 year old film and media student from Belfast, NI.

This is my corner of the internet to share my writing, creativity, designs and bits and bobs about my life that I hope will interest you.


Find Out More >>>>

Categories






Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Sunday 27 October 2013

Newbie blogger blues...


'I'm going to succeed because I'm crazy enough to think I can.'



Seeing as I am now off for the Halloween break I have decided to have a chill-out weekend catching up on my favourite TV series and also working away at my blog design.

Over the next couple of weeks I'm hoping to update my theme and add bits and pieces that will make it more visually appealing and try and gain more traffic.

As a newbie to the blogging world, it can get very disheartening when you gain little to no traffic or a lack of interaction from readers - comments aren't the be all and end all, however it is nice to know that people are enjoying the posts that you have taken the time to write.

In saying that, it also means that as a writer, you must consider what your audience wants to read - I have gained most of my interaction through reviews on events and restaurants in my local area - these types of posts get shared and re-tweeted and that's what makes me happy - to know that I have provided a service and reading material that gets attention from my audience.

Another problem that tends to occur with new, and also established, bloggers is a little bit of competitive jealousy - we can look at other blogs and feel sad that our theme isn't as polished, or their photographs have a style that we would love to portray. We often wish we had as much traffic and followers, or simply that we were as good as they are.

You must remember that we all have our own style, and that is exactly what reels the viewers in - generate your own traffic of people that want to read your posts and check in with what you have done. A little competition is healthy, it keeps you on your toes; just don't get so bogged down by it that you can't develop and evolve your own work.


I'm hoping to generate a blog that has a purpose and to make it PR friendly meaning I will accept requests to review events, products and services. It simply takes time, particularly with a student schedule to make that happen.

There are times when I ask myself if my blog is really going anywhere and if it is even worth carrying on writing posts - however, I'm not one to quit on something that I really want to work, I will stick around and give it my all and one day I will be thankful that I did.

Everyone must start somewhere, and I only intend to get better.


Much love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...