Connect with me


Welcome!


I'm Jill, a 20 year old film and media student from Belfast, NI.

This is my corner of the internet to share my writing, creativity, designs and bits and bobs about my life that I hope will interest you.


Find Out More >>>>

Categories






Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Tuesday 24 September 2013

College so far - stop motion


I am really enjoying my second year back so far and I'm loving all of my current units. Yesterday in broadcasting techniques we set up the recording studio and played out our own news programme, complete with sport headlines and the weather - I was the weather reporter and so I had to devise a script from researching the Belfast Telegraph newspaper.

Being in front of the camera is so intimidating - the studio is a fully operational set, just like what they use when recording news programmes and the like. Three huge cameras, bright lights beaming down on you. floor crew - it's so much to take in when you're standing in front of the cameras but you do get a buzz from it all.

Today, thankfully didn't require being in front of camera, instead we got to work our magic behind camera. Stop Motion Animation is one of my favourite units so far, it is so creative and there are so many possibilities that can come to life.

My tutor Sharron kindly brought in some of her sons toys for us to create our masterpieces with - my group opted for a police car and a dinosaur, how original!

The idea was simple; dinosaur chases police car, police car does a U-turn, presents it's weapons and scares the dinosaur away.



The process was even easier - hook the camera up to the iMac and use iStopMotion to take still images of each movement. Once you have taken all of your stills, play it back and it becomes a short film. Basic stuff, but so much fun.



Regarding my posting schedule - I am working on lots of different posts at the minute, including  helpful hints for students, beauty reviews, media tutorials and a good few other surprises.

I do hope you have all enjoyed my posts so far, and I promise I will get into a regular routine soon.

Much love, 



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! Have you ever tried time lapse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I haven't as yet although I'm hoping to try it out very soon. I'll be getting hold of some stop motion software so I will be trying my hand at making shorts and I want to be able to incorporate time lapse :) May take some practice though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...