Connect with me


Welcome!


I'm Jill, a 20 year old film and media student from Belfast, NI.

This is my corner of the internet to share my writing, creativity, designs and bits and bobs about my life that I hope will interest you.


Find Out More >>>>

Categories






Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Thursday 19 September 2013

Happy birthday, Grandad!





Today is my Grandad John's 81st birthday! Last year I based my photography project on him and spent a day reminiscing about my grandmother who passed away in 2001 - I really loved capturing the images of real emotion. That's the main thing I love about documentary photography - no poses, just fresh emotion.

He was the perfect model too, so photogenic and willing to be photographed and it really helped my enthusiasm for the project. I gained a distinction grade which is the highest possible so I was very pleased that I could tell my Grandad that he had helped me gain that.




He is such a strong character and a man that is still so full of life. I know that when I am 81, I want to be as bubbly and outgoing as he is.

Here's hoping he has a wonderful birthday!


Although I don't have a DSLR camera, or any other fancy photographic equipment, I am so keen to grow my portfolio and expand on my skills for the subject - I'm getting myself a DSLR hopefully within the next two weeks and I am so excited to get to play around with it. I have so many ideas for images to capture.

Look out for some of my photography posts and don't be shy in letting me know your opinion - I love to hear from you!

Much love, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...