Connect with me


Welcome!


I'm Jill, a 20 year old film and media student from Belfast, NI.

This is my corner of the internet to share my writing, creativity, designs and bits and bobs about my life that I hope will interest you.


Find Out More >>>>

Categories






Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Tuesday 17 September 2013

Wacky, weird & wonderful - it's the Quirky Wedding Fair!





We all know that when it comes to weddings, the phrase 'something old, something new' comes in to mind - but how about something completely different, mesmerising or just plain quirky!? That's where the Quirky Wedding Fair comes in.



On a rather blustery afternoon, the crowds queued and gathered to see what delights they could find inside, and I, more eager than ever could not wait to set my eyes on what was on display.
 
With a floor plan in hand, I set off to scour the several floors of goodies and was not disappointed in the slightest - Game of Throne's cake, photo booths, 5 foot ice lollies; these are what the brides & grooms are dying to get their hands on (and myself of course).

Thanks to Simon Hodge for supplying this image of the Game of Throne's cake, designed by his wife Kathryn at Candytuft cakes - isn't it amazing!?






There were 120 exhibitors ready to showcase their products & services at the Waterfront Hall, Belfast, offering products such as flowers, stationery, venue decorations and an entire (yes, entire) floor section dedicated to a sample dress sale.

As if this wasn't enough, the budding couples also have the options of creating their own wedding rings, hiring a vintage bus for the transport and even tie the knot on a boat!
 

Oh, and did I mention that the fair had its very own cinema? Yes, specifically for cinematographers to dazzle the crowds with their talent and hard work.


If you're currently reading this cuddled up with your cat, pyjamas on and feeling glum that you're not engaged, don't fret! You don't have to be getting married to simply enjoy what everyone has to offer, I'm not engaged but I am obsessed with weddings and all things quirky and cute, so I just had to be there. One idea that I thought was amazing was the cartoon bride and groom photo props that Marie Cafolla Flowers had supplied, so much fun and all of the images look fab  - here's mine to have a giggle at.


Overall, the lovely ladies Cate Conway & Saima Akram that brought Quirky Weddings to life, should most definitely be spending this week with their feet up in celebration. The event was a delight to attend, and I most definitely shall be going back when it next returns.

Check out some of the fantastic vendors listed below, and don't forget to show the QW girls some love over on their Facebook page. 





Did you attend this event, or any event similar to this one recently? Leave a comment below, it'd be fab to hear from you lovely lot.

Much love,


15 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this! It looks epic. Will they be coming back to Belfast, I'm super annoyed I missed it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing! They are Belfast based and the fair is on every February and September, so you should be able to attend next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JILL! Thank you so much for this very lovely post. We really appreciate you coming and are very glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll share this on our page. Thank you!

    We will not have feet up until next week but then we'll really enjoy it. We are getting ready to announce our next fair...it's early February 2014. Once we announce it, we accept applications for about 6 weeks then we have the very, very tough job of deciding who to showcase next. If you come across any really awesome folk who offer or could offer something for weddings, do send them our way. We love fun stuff!

    Hi Lottie...hope you can make the next one.

    Cate and Saima xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing the post and for commenting here, it means a lot that you appreciated it!!

      If I find anything I will most definitely pass it your way - good luck with the process and can't wait until the next fair!

      Jill xx

      Delete
  4. A lovely write up and beautiful photos! Thanks for taking a photo of My little Vintage Rocks stall x clare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! You're welcome, it was so cute!!!

      Jill xx

      Delete
  5. Really nice blog post Jill. I look forward to catching up with you at the next show :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jonathan. That will be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog post. Will send you a photo of the GOT cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that would be great! :)

      Delete
    2. Don't have your email address :). If you can drop me one to info@simonhodgephotography.com i'll get it for you.

      Delete
  8. Hi Jill,
    I love your blog and the photos of the Quirky Weddings Fair are beautiful! Thank you so much for visiting our stand on Sunday, it was lovely to meet you, look forward to seeing you again at the next fair!
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marie, it means a lot to hear that. Your stand was beautiful and I thought the cartoon bride and groom photographs were an excellent idea!

      Jill xx

      Delete
  9. Thanks! Definitely going to go to the next one. Wouldn't even have known about it if it wasn't for this post so cool beans :D!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...