Connect with me


Welcome!


I'm Jill, a 20 year old film and media student from Belfast, NI.

This is my corner of the internet to share my writing, creativity, designs and bits and bobs about my life that I hope will interest you.


Find Out More >>>>

Categories






Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Saturday 2 November 2013

Happy Halloween!


My Dad and I have always been very similar, a love for film, creativity, composition and weird things such as Halloween, horror and plenty of blood, guts and gore!

Around 10 years ago (wow, I hadn't even realised it was that long) my dad grew tired of the typical orange 'Happy Halloween' banners and the odd pumpkin placed on the table and decided that he should create his own perfect nightmare right in our home.

He began by building his own fireplace cover and a throne for our Halloween Guest of Honour, Mr Bones, to sit proudly on. Mr Bones is a skeleton that my dad built himself to take pride of place in the corner. He then attaches wall coverings to each wall and black material to odd pieces that the coverings don't fit, he also uses tie dyed curtains for the window.

 My favourite aspect of the room is next; the props; two witches, a butler, a talking head, a severed head, two rats, creepy cat, and a whole heap of other Halloween goodies.

Following that, fluorescent lights are placed stratigically to give a really eerie effect. The newest edition is the extremely awesome ghost projections. A projector is used to shine interactive ghosts onto one of the walls - it's really like we have spirits clawing out of the wall at us!

My dad loves every part of his creation, everyone does - including neighbours and random people who live near by or who have heard of the house who just want to take a sneak peek at it.

It's amazing, and I can't wait until Halloween every year for the house to be decorated again - I'm sure you would be the same.
Here's a little video clip I made of it all:


My costume this year was simple, Lady Jigsaw! Mainly cause I'm low on money at the minute. I don't think I did too bad a job though - £1.50 well spent.




Do you love or loathe Halloween? Leave a comment on what you think of my house and the whole holiday.

Much love,

2 comments:

  1. You are mad! Can't wait to see your first horror film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! All the best people are, Simon. A horror movie would be so much fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...